Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Establishment. Pursuant to A.R.S. § 9-462.05 the Planning Director, also known as Director of Planning, or an authorized deputy acting under his or her direction, shall be the Zoning Administrator.
(B) Duties. The Zoning Administrator, or his or her authorized deputy shall be charged with responsibility for enforcement of the zoning ordinance:
(1) Supply information about, and provide interpretations of, this chapter to the public, city departments and other agencies;
(2) Provide advice and assistance to all applicants for zoning actions;
(3) Accomplish all administrative actions required by this chapter; including receiving applications giving notice of hearings, preparation of reports and processing appeals;
(4) Enforce the provisions of this chapter pertaining to the erection, construction, moving, reconstruction, conversion, alteration or addition to any building or structure and the use of any land, building or premise;
(5) Inspect buildings, structures and lands as may be necessary or desirable for enforcement of this chapter;
(6) Determine other permitted uses consistent with the purpose of each Zoning District; and
(Ord. O2009-28, passed 5-6-2009)
(7) Notwithstanding the procedures set forth in § 154-03.04(D)(1)(a) through (D)(1)(c) for consideration of a variance application, the Zoning Administrator may approve a deviation in development standards and/or dimensional criteria upon the making of the findings required in § 154-03.04(D)(1)(a) through (D)(1)(d), when the following conditions are satisfied:
(a) The application requests a deviation from code not exceeding a 10% reduction or increase of a development standard and/or dimension required by the zoning code; and
(b) The Zoning Administrator determines that the request complies with the four findings of fact required by § 154-03.04(D)(1)(a) through (D)(1)(d).
(Ord. O2010-32, passed 7-7-2010)