Skip to code content (skip section selection)
a. An owner of a multiple dwelling shall annually report to the department, on an electronic form established by the department, the following information about such multiple dwelling:
1. The street address;
2. The number of dwelling units;
3. The number of dwelling units, as reported or otherwise known to the owner, that had a bedbug infestation during the previous year;
4. The number of dwelling units, as reported or otherwise known to the owner, in which eradication measures were employed during the previous year for a bedbug infestation;
5. The number of dwelling units reported in paragraph 4 that had a bedbug infestation after such eradication measures were employed in such units; and
6. If such form is given to each tenant within such multiple dwelling, a certification that a copy of such form was distributed to each tenant of such building upon each lease renewal or the commencement of a new lease issued since the previous filing with the department of such form.
b. If such form is posted in a prominent location within the building, an owner of a multiple dwelling shall maintain a record that a copy of such form was prominently posted within 60 days of the filing of the information with the department.
c. An owner of a multiple dwelling who has submitted a report to the department pursuant to subdivision a of this section may, at any time, submit an amended version of such report to reflect changes to such information.
d. Owners of multiple dwellings shall attempt to obtain the bedbug infestation history for the previous year for each dwelling unit from the tenant or owner, including whether eradication measures were employed during the previous year for a bedbug infestation.
e. The department may establish staggered reporting cycles by rule for owners required to comply with subdivision a of this section.
f. For each multiple dwelling, the department shall make the information contained in the most recent electronic form submitted pursuant to subdivision a of this section, including the date such form was submitted, publicly available on its website no later than 30 days after receipt of such form.
(L.L. 2017/069, 5/10/2017, eff. 11/6/2017)