Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following shall only be exempt from side yard setbacks not abutting a street and rear yard setbacks:
(1) Structures used by children, such as but not limited to:
(a) Playhouses, not to exceed 120 square feet;
(b) Swing sets; and
(c) Basketball goals.
(2) Patios and decks not over 30 inches above the ground;
(3) Swimming pool decks;
(4) Air conditioning equipment;
(5) Pool equipment;
(6) Portions of a house or structure cantilevered beyond the foundation but not exceeding three feet;
(7) Barbeque grills;
(8) Trellises, open gazebos and other decorative structures not exceeding 120 square feet; and
(9) Accessory buildings no larger than 120 square feet and no taller than ten feet.
(B) A special exception to side and rear yard setbacks abutting the City of Dallas take-line may be granted by the Board of Adjustments for any structure.
(2005 Code, § 12-11-8) (Ord. 030717F, passed - -)