Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Employment Responsibility: The town commission shall employ the zoning administrator. The zoning administrator may delegate certain functions but shall retain final responsibility for administering and enforcing the regulations under the direction of the town commission.
B. Duties: The zoning administrator shall administer the zoning permit provisions set forth in this title and shall:
1. Receive: Receive applications for zoning permit, conditional use permit, rezoning requests and variance requests.
2. Review: Review applications and plans; issue zoning permits; and inspect premises and properties.
3. Notice: Notify, in writing, any person violating this title and order appropriate corrective action.
4. Order Removal: Order illegal use of land, structures, or buildings to be terminated and illegal buildings or structures; or additions, alterations or structural changes thereto, to be removed.
5. Order Compliance: Order any illegal work being undertaken to immediately cease; or take any other action authorized by this title to ensure compliance with its provisions.
6. Stop Orders: Assure that stop work orders remain in effect until advised by the town commission or its authorized representative, in writing, that the application and/or project has been brought into compliance with these regulations;
7. Advise: Serve as an advisor to the zoning commission, board of adjustment and town commission on matters relating to administration and enforcement of this title.
8. Prepare Reports: Prepare staff reports as required under this title.
9. Record: Prepare and maintain records of all proceedings required or authorized under this title.
C. Right Of Entry: The zoning administrator may enter premises at reasonable times to conduct necessary inspections to enforce the provisions of the zoning ordinance. If the zoning administrator has reasonable cause to believe that there is a condition or ordinance violation which makes a sign or premises unsafe, dangerous or hazardous, the zoning administrator may enter the premises at such times to perform the duties imposed by this title. If the building or premises are occupied, the zoning administrator shall first present proper credentials and request entry. If the building or premises is unoccupied, the zoning administrator shall first make a reasonable effort to locate the owner or other person having charge or control of the building or premises and request entry. If entry is refused, the zoning administrator or the authorized representative shall have recourse to the remedies provided by law to secure entry. (Ord. 131, 3-14-2002)