Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Suit Authorized. Upon an assessment becoming final and after the expiration of time for all proper appeals, the Director of Law shall, by request of the Commissioner on behalf of the City, bring or cause to be brought an action to enforce the payment of the assessment in any court of competent jurisdiction against any party liable for payment.
(b) Assessments Collectable as Other Debts. All final assessments no longer subject to appeal shall be collectible as any other debts owed to the City.
(c) Revocation of License.
(1) Upon an assessment becoming final and after the expiration of time for all proper appeals, the Commissioner may, at his or her discretion, revoke any license granted under the Codified Ordinances to an operator responsible for payment of such assessment upon seven (7) days notice to the license holder.
(2) Licenses subject to revocation shall include:
A. Parking Facility License granted under Section 457.03; and/or
B. Any Valet Service License granted under any provision of the Codified Ordinances or as hereinafter may be enacted.
(d) Lien Authorized. A final assessment no longer subject to appeal may be reduced to a lien on all real and/or personal property of the taxpayer or other responsible party.
(e) Offset Authorized. Any credit, refund or other money due to be paid by the City or any division thereof, to a person who is liable for the payment of a final assessment shall be offset by such liability and paid to the Commissioner in satisfaction of the same.
(f) Enforcement Not Limited.
(1) No authority granted to the Commissioner or any other officer of the City by any other provision of the Codified Ordinances shall be limited by virtue of not being included in this section.
(2) Remedies available to the Commissioner for the enforcement of this chapter shall not be limited by virtue of not being included in this section.
(3) The exercise of one (1) form of remedy by the Commissioner shall not preclude the concurrent or successive use of another remedy.
(Ord. No. 878-09. Passed 7-1-09, eff. 7-8-09)