Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The applicable provisions of this Traffic Code and RC Chapters 4511 and 4549 shall be applied to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no person shall operate a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle as follows:
(1) On any state highway, including a limited access highway or freeway or the right-of-way thereof, except for emergency travel during such time and in such manner as the Director of Public Safety shall designate;
(2) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without having in his possession the written permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property;
(3) On any land or waters controlled by the state, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(4) On the tracks or right-of-way of any operating railroad;
(5) While transporting any firearm, bow, or other implement for hunting, that is not unloaded and securely encased;
(6) For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing, or killing any animal or wildfowl;
(7) During the time from 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., unless displaying lighted lights as required by RC 4519.20;
(8) On any street or sidewalk of the City;
(9) On any property owned or leased by the City except in areas designated for such purposes;
(10) On any restricted public property. As used in this subsection, “restricted public property” means any public property other than street right-of-way and streets or highways, or private property used by the public for purposes of vehicular travel or parking.
(b) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100.00) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500.00) on a first offense. On a second offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. On a third or subsequent offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(RC 4519.40; Ord. No. 726-17. Passed 10-16-17, eff. 10-20-17)