Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings ascribed by this division.
(1) “Chewing tobacco” means any leaf tobacco that is not intended to be smoked.
(2) “Cigar” means any roll of tobacco wrapped in leaf tobacco or in any substance containing tobacco (other than any roll of tobacco which is a cigarette within the meaning of division (a)(3)B.
(3) “Cigarette” means:
A. Any roll of tobacco wrapped in paper or in any substance not containing tobacco; and
B. Any roll of tobacco wrapped in any substance containing tobacco which, because of its appearance, the type of tobacco used in the filler, or its packaging and labeling, is likely to be offered to, or purchased by consumers as a cigarette described in division (a)(3)A.
(4) “Pipe tobacco” means any tobacco which, because of its appearance, type, packaging, or labeling, is suitable for use and likely to be offered to, or purchased by, consumers as tobacco to be smoked in a pipe.
(5) “Smokeless tobacco” means any snuff or chewing tobacco.
(6) “Snuff” means any finely cut, ground, or powdered tobacco that is not intended to be smoked.
(7) “Tobacco products” means cigars, cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and pipe tobacco.
(b) No manufacturer, producer, distributor, wholesaler or retailer of tobacco products, or any agent, employee, or representative of a manufacturer, producer, distributor, wholesaler or retailer of tobacco products shall distribute at no charge tobacco products in or upon any sidewalk, street or public park.
(c) Whoever violates this section is guilty of distribution of tobacco products, a minor misdemeanor.
(Ord. No. 223-90. Passed 5-21-90, eff. 5-29-90)