Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Director may revoke or suspend a Certificate of Qualification for any of the following reasons:
(1) The holder obtained a Certificate by fraud, misrepresentation or deception;
(2) The holder repeatedly failed to secure permits, inspections, and approvals required by OBC or this Building Code;
(3) The holder repeatedly installed work in an unworkmanlike manner as defined in this Building Code or not in conformity with issued permits;
(4) The holder has been repeatedly notified of violations of OBC or this Building Code and, has failed or refused to promptly correct an installation or part of it;
(5) As to holders of a Certificate of Qualification for Picture Machine Operator, the holder has been repeatedly notified of violations of applicable provisions of the Codified Ordinances and has failed or refused to remedy the violation, if a remedy is possible.
(b) No Certificate of Qualification may be suspended or revoked until the Director gives notice to the registrant and holds a hearing at which the certificate holder may appear in person or be represented by counsel.
(c) A Certificate of Qualification may be suspended for a prescribed period not to exceed six (6) months, and the notice of suspension may require the person whose registration is suspended to correct work improperly installed or correct any other condition because of which such registration was suspended. Upon correction, the Certificate may be reinstated unless a new period of suspension is imposed for cause, or the Certificate is revoked.
(d) Whenever the Director recommends the suspension or revocation of a Certificate of Qualification, he or she shall personally serve or send notice to the Certificate holder via registered mail detailing the reasons for the suspension or revocation, the length of the suspension, whether or when a Certificate holder whose Certificate has been revoked may apply for reinstatement, and the date the order becomes effective.
(Ord. No. 377-03. Passed 5-19-03, eff. 5-27-03)
Note: Former 3107.11 repealed by Ord. No. 377-03, passed 5-19-03, eff. 5-27-03.