Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Director may revoke or suspend a Certificate of Registration or a Limited Certificate of Registration for any of the following reasons:
(1) The holder is convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or a felony during the renewal period of that Certificate of Registration;
(2) The holder obtained a Certificate by fraud, misrepresentation or deception;
(3) The holder obtained a license from the Ohio Construction Industry Examining Board by fraud, misrepresentation or deception;
(4) The holder engaged in fraud, misrepresentation or deception in the conduct of business;
(5) The holder no longer holds a valid or unexpired license from the Ohio Construction Industry Examining Board in the trade for which the holder is registered;
(6) The holder no longer has a valid policy for the required insurance;
(7) The holder used its Certificate of Registration to obtain a permit for another;
(8) The holder repeatedly failed to secure permits, inspections, and approvals required by OBC or this Building Code;
(9) The holder repeatedly installed work in an unworkmanlike manner as defined in this Building Code or not in conformity with permits issued;
(10) The holder repeatedly has been notified of violations of OBC or this Building Code and, has failed or refused to promptly correct an installation or part of it;
(11) There have been repeated incidents of returned checks for insufficient funds or stop payment without just cause.
(b) No Certificate or Limited Certificate of Registration may be suspended or revoked until the Director gives notice to the registrant and holds a hearing at which the registrant may appear in person or be represented by counsel.
(c) A Certificate or Limited Certificate of Registration may be suspended for a prescribed period not to exceed six (6) months, and the notice of suspension may require the person whose registration is suspended to correct work improperly installed or correct any other condition because of which such registration was suspended. Upon correction, the Certificate may be reinstated unless a new period of suspension is imposed for cause, or the registration is revoked.
(d) Whenever the OCIEB revokes or suspends a license of a holder of a Certificate of Registration upon which the Certificate is based, the holder shall immediately surrender his/her Certificate to the Director until which time the license is reinstated by the OCIEB.
(e) Whenever the Director revokes or suspends a Certificate or Limited Certificate of Registration, the holder shall immediately cease any work that requires the issuance of a permit, except that work that is involved with the correction of a violation of the OBC or this Building Code and that work that is already in progress.
(f) Whenever the Director recommends the suspension or revocation of a Certificate or Limited Certificate of Registration, he or she shall either personally serve or send notice to the registrant via registered mail detailing the reasons for the suspension or revocation, the length of the suspension, whether or when a registrant whose Registration has been revoked may apply for reinstatement, and the date the order becomes effective. During suspension or revocation, the registrant may not obtain permits based on the revoked or suspended Certificate of Registration.
(Ord. No. 1190-04. Passed 8-11-04, eff. 8-17-04)