Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) To obtain or renew a Limited Certificate of Registration for Refrigeration Operator or Fireplace Installer, the applicant shall:
(1) Be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
(2) Be a United States citizen;
(3) Maintain contractor’s liability insurance, including without limitation, completed operations coverage, in an amount providing for the payment of up to fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) for one (1) person injured, and up to one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000.00) for injury to more than one (1) person in one (1) accident, resulting from doing the work authorized by the Certificate of Registration and up to fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) for property damage in the course of doing the work authorized by the Certificate of Registration. The City shall be included as an additional insured. The insurance shall be issued by an insurance company duly authorized to do business and issue policies of insurance in the State of Ohio. The applicant shall provide proof of this insurance acceptable to the Director;
(4) Furnish and file with the Director a bond in the penal sum of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000.00) to be approved as to form by the Director of Law, guaranteeing full and faithful compliance by the applicant with OBC and this Building Code and with pertinent rules and regulations promulgated under it, binding the surety to correct or abate any violation of OBC or this Building Code or of pertinent rules and regulations promulgated under them whenever the applicant for registration, named as the principal on the bond, refuses, neglects or fails to correct or abate the violation within a reasonable time limit set by the Director;
(5) Not have done any of the following:
A. Been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or of any felony less than three (3) years before application for said Certificate of Registration, unless a longer period is established by rules and regulations of the Director of Building and Housing;
B. Obtained or renewed a Certificate of Registration by fraud, misrepresentation or deception;
C. Engaged in fraud, misrepresentation or deception in the conduct of business;
D. Been convicted of repeated violations of the OBC or this Building Code or other laws or ordinances regulating building construction in the City;
E. Been issued repeated violation notices by the Director for violations of the OBC, this Building Code, the Zoning Code or the Housing Code, and failed to correct those notices in a timely fashion.
(6) If a Limited Certificate of Refrigeration Operator, be the owner or owner’s agent of the refrigeration system and be familiar with the operation and maintenance of the refrigeration system.
(b) When an applicant for a Limited Certificate Registration is a firm or corporation, at least one (1) member of that firm or corporation, shall individually be qualified for registration under the provisions of this section.
(Ord. No. 599-11. Passed 6-6-11, eff. 6-13-11)