§ 329.07 Permits for Festivals and Open-air Carnivals
   (a)   Upon application, the Commissioner of Building and Housing may issue temporary use permits in any use district to charitable organizations sponsoring festivals and open-air carnivals. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Zoning Code, issuance of such a permit shall constitute a temporary waiver of use restrictions, yard requirements, heights regulations, and accessory off- street parking requirements. No permit shall be issued to the same charitable organization for a festival or open-air carnival at any given premises more frequently than twice per year. No permit issued pursuant to this section shall be for longer than five (5) consecutive days.
   (b)   As used in this section, “charitable organization” means any tax exempt religious, educational, veteran’s, fraternal, service, nonprofit medical, volunteer rescue service, volunteer firemen’s, senior citizen’s, youth athletic, or youth athletic park organization. An organization is tax exempt if the organization is, and has received from the internal revenue service a determination letter that is currently in effect, stating that the organization is, exempt from federal income taxation under subsection 501(a) and described in subsection 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 501(c)(8), 501(c)(10), or 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(Ord. No. 877-77. Passed 5-18-87, eff. 5-28-87)