Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A person violates this section if he:
(1) is provided with notice and an opportunity to be heard under this Code; and
(2) knowingly fails to comply with an order issued by the Director or the Administrative Law Officer under this chapter, including any requirement of a subpoena.
Each day that the violation occurs shall be considered a separate and distinct offense.
(b) It is not a defense to this section that a person:
(1) came into compliance or attempted to come into compliance with the order after the date upon which the order, by its terms, required compliance; or
(2) sought judicial review of the order but failed to obtain a stay of the order prior to the date upon which the order, by its terms, required compliance.
(c) Sentence. A person convicted under this section shall be punished by:
(1) a fine of not less than $200.00 and not more than $500.00 for each offense;
(2) incarceration for not more than 180 days for each offense; and/or
(3) an order to perform community service for a period not to exceed 200 hours for each offense.
(d) The corporation counsel shall institute actions under this section in a court of competent jurisdiction.
(Added Coun. J. 11-16-16, p. 37901, Art. VI, § 3; Amend Coun. J. 9-14-21, p. 35804, § 1)