Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. When any of the following words or terms are used in this chapter, they shall have the meaning or construction ascribed to them in this section:
(1) “City” means the City of Chicago, Illinois.
(2) “City department” means the department of finance of the city.
(3) “Illinois Vehicle Code” means the Illinois Vehicle Code, effective July 1, 1970, as amended, 625 ILCS 5/1, et seq.
(4) “Illinois Use Tax Act” means the Use Tax Act, effective July 14, 1955, as amended, 35 ILCS 105/1, et seq.
(5) “Motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle, as defined by the Illinois Vehicle Code, which is titled or registered with an agency of the State of Illinois at a location within the corporate limits of the city.
(6) “Use” has, to the extent applicable, the meaning set forth in the Illinois Use Tax Act.
(7) “Using in the city” means titling or registering, with an agency of the State of Illinois, a motor vehicle at a location within the corporate limits of the city.
B. All words or terms used in this chapter that are not defined in subsection A of this section or in the uniform revenue procedures ordinance, Chapter 3-4 of this Code, as amended, shall have, to the extent applicable and where the context admits, the meaning set forth in the Illinois Vehicle Code.
(Added Coun. J. 11-10-94, p. 59125, § 3.1, effective 7-1-95; Amend Coun. J. 11-16-11, p. 13798, Art. I, § 3; Amend Coun. J. 5-6-15, p. 107645, § 1)