Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Every real estate broker, agent and every owner or manager of housing accommodations as defined in Section 515.02(f) located in the City shall post in printed form an 11 inch by 14 inch poster with the following notice regarding fair housing rights, in a conspicuous place in that portion of his/her place of business normally used for the transaction of rental or sales business with prospective purchasers or lessees:
EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY
IT IS ILLEGAL TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY PERSON BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, HANDICAP, FAMILIAL STATUS, ANCESTRY, MILITARY STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR GENDER IDENTITY
1. In the sale or rental of housing or residential lots.
2. In advertising the sale or rental of housing.
3. In the financing of housing.
4. In the appraisal of housing.
5. In the provision of real estate brokerage services.
6. Blockbusting is also illegal.
Anyone who feels he or she has been discriminated against should send a complaint to:
City of Canton
Fair Housing Director/Commission
P.O. Box 24218
Canton, Ohio 44701
(Ord. 153-2012. Passed 9-24-12.)