The following provisions shall apply to the outdoor living space required in residential zones:
A. Required outdoor living space may include those portions of the side and rear yards which are contiguous with and designed as an integral part of the common area and are usable. The front yard shall not, however, be considered in calculating required outdoor living space.
1. Single family. The required outdoor living space provided for single family dwelling shall be a single common area with a minimum dimension of twenty-five (25) feet.
2. Two (2) family. The outdoor living space may be provided in two (2) private areas with a minimum dimension of fifteen (15) feet.
3. Multiple family, three (3) units and more. Not more than fifty percent (50%) of the total required outdoor living space serving a multiple family development shall be provided in a common area with a minimum dimension of twenty-five (25) feet. The remaining outdoor living space requirement may be provided in private spaces on or above ground level (balconies, roof tops). Individual areas shall not be less than one hundred (100) feet in area and the minimum dimension shall not be less than eight (8) feet.
B. Elements excluded. The following elements shall not constitute outdoor living space and shall not be included in calculating the required space:
1. Driveways and parking spaces for vehicles.
2. Covered pedestrian access ways.
3. Utility areas, drying yards and areas for storage of trash.
C. Elements included. The following elements may be constituted as outdoor living space and included in calculating the required space:
1. Swimming pools and pool decks.
2. Paved recreation areas.
3. Landscaped area, garden, etc.
4. Uncovered patios and balconies.