Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
NUISANCE SERVICE CALL. A response to any activity, conduct or condition occurring within the city that unreasonably annoys, injures or endangers the safety, health, morals, comfort or repose of any member of the public, or will tend to alarm, anger or disturb others. A NUISANCE SERVICE CALL includes, but is not limited to, a response to the following:
(1) Any activity, conduct or condition violating the following provisions of the city code:
(b) Section 92.01 (public health nuisances);
(d) Chapter 93 (parks and recreational areas);
(f) Chapter 72 (parking regulations);
(g) Section 72.05(D) (parked or stored motor vehicles);
(h) Section 94.18 (unsheltered storage of junk and inoperable or abandoned motor vehicles);
(i) Section 130.02 (assaults);
(j) Section 130.02 (falsely reporting a crime);
(k) Section 130.02 (negligent fires, dangerous smoking);
(l) Section 130.02 (dangerous weapons);
(m) Chapter 94 (nuisances).
(2) Any activity, conduct or condition violating, the following provisions of the Zoning Code:
(a) Section 153.346(D) (location of parking facilities); and
(b) Section 153.348 (number of required off-street parking spaces).
(3) Any activity or conduct violating Minn. Stat. § 609.78(4), as it may be amended from time to time (Misuse of 911);
(4) Any activity, conduct or condition violating state laws prohibiting or regulating prostitution, gambling, controlled substances or use of firearms; or
(5) Loud and boisterous conduct, noise and activity that disturbs the peace, or constitutes a public nuisance or disorderly conduct as defined by the state statutes.
REPEAT NUISANCE SERVICE CALL FEE. The fee upon the responsible party if the city has rendered services or responded for a nuisance service call on three or more occasions within the 12 months immediately preceding the current offense. The REPEAT NUISANCE SERVICE CALL FEE under this section shall be an amount set forth and duly adopted by City Council resolution.
RESPONSIBLE PARTY OR PARTIES. The owner, occupant or anyone having control of real property where the nuisance service call occurred, or the person or persons responsible or involved in the nuisance service call, regardless of where the nuisance service call occurred.
(2001 Code, § 955.03) (Ord. 05-06, passed - -)