Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The final plat shall be drawn in ink on reproducible Mylar or suitable paper, or computer generated on laser jet printer on sheets no smaller than 24 inches by 36 inches, and shall be at a scale of one inch equals 100 feet or larger. Where necessary, the plat may be on several sheets accompanied by an index sheet showing the entire subdivision. For large subdivisions, the final plat may be submitted for approval progressively in contiguous sections satisfactory to the Commission. The final plat shall show the following:
1. All information required and shown on the preliminary plat as required in Section 176.06 of this chapter.
2. Accurate angular and linear dimensions for all lines, angles, and curvatures used to describe boundaries.
3. True angles and distances to the nearest street lines or official monuments.
4. Lines of adjoining streets and alleys, with widths and names.
5. Township, County and section lines accurately tied to the lines of the subdivision by distance and angles.
6. Radii, arcs and chords, points of tangency, central angles for all curvilinear streets and radii for all rounded corners.
7. Exact dimensions of all lots.
8. Identification of all lots and blocks using consecutive numbers.
9. Exact location and area of all land to be dedicated for public use or reserved by deed covenant for common use of all property owners with the purpose indicated thereon. All lands dedicated for public use, other than street, shall be marked “dedicated to public.” All protective or deed covenants or private restrictions shall be shown on the plat or correctly referenced.
10. Building setback lines as established by the zoning regulations or deed restrictions.
11. Where community type water and sewage facilities are not available, a statement that any lot sold or transferred will have a minimum width and area equal to that shown on the plat to accommodate private well and wastewater disposal system.
12. When a proposed entrance of the subdivision is onto a controlled access street or road, letter of approval of the City Engineer regarding such entrance shall accompany the final plat. Where such control is exercised by the Iowa Department of Transportation, the approval of this body shall accompany the final plat.
13. Certification by a licensed land surveyor that the plat represents a survey made by the surveyor that the monuments and markers shown thereon exist as shown.
14. Every plat shall be accompanied by:
A. Statement by the proprietors and their spouses, if any, that the plat is prepared with their free consent and in accordance with their desire, signed and acknowledged before an officer authorized to take the acknowledgment of deeds. The statement by the proprietors may also include a dedication to the public of all lands within the plat that are designated for streets, alleys, parks, open areas, school property, or other public use, if the dedication is approved by the Council.
B. Statement from the mortgage holders or lien holders, if any, that the plat is prepared with their free consent and in accordance with their desire, signed and acknowledged before an officer authorized to take the acknowledgment of deeds. An affidavit and bond as provided for in Section 354.12 of the Code of Iowa, as amended, may be recorded in lieu of the consent of the mortgage or lien holder. When a mortgage or lien holder consents to the subdivision, a release of mortgage or lien shall be recorded for any areas conveyed to the Council or dedicated to the public.
C. An opinion by an attorney at law who has examined the abstract of title of the land being platted. The opinion shall state the names of the proprietors and holders of mortgages, liens, or other encumbrances on the land being platted and shall note the encumbrances, along with any bonds securing the encumbrances. Utility easements shall not be construed to be encumbrances for the purpose of this section.
D. A certificate of the City Finance Director that the land is free from certified taxes and certified special assessments or that the land is free from certified taxes and that the certified special assessments are secured by bond.
E. A subdivision plat which includes no land set apart for streets, alleys, parks, open areas, school property or public use other than utility easements, shall be accompanied by the documents listed in Paragraphs A, B, and C of this subsection and a certificate of the Finance Director that the land is free from certified taxes other than certified special assessments.
F. A certificate by the owner or owners dedicating to the public for full public use all streets and street rights-of-way and other land designated as dedicated to public, and the granting of utility easements as shown on the plat. Such dedications shall also be accompanied with a deed, groundwater hazard statement and other documents required for conveyances under Iowa law in a form acceptable to the City. Easements shall also be accompanied by written easements in a form acceptable to the City.
G. A resolution of plat approval with the Mayor and Clerk’s certification.
H. Bonds as required under the terms and provisions of these subdivision regulations.
I. All submissions required by Iowa law for plats shall also accompany plat submissions.