Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. Obsolete Signs. Signs that advertise an activity, business, product, or service no longer conducted on the premises on which the sign is located.
2. Banners, Balloons, Posters. Signs that contain or consist of banners, balloons, posters, pennants, ribbons, streamers, spinners, or other similarly moving devices, except as specifically provided elsewhere in this chapter.
3. Portable Signs. Commercial signs that are not permanently anchored or secured to either a building or the ground.
4. Off-Premises Signs on Public Property. Off-premises signs located on public property that is being used for public purposes except as specifically provided elsewhere in this chapter.
5. Off-Premises Signs. Signs advertising a use not conducted upon the lot where the sign is located.
6. Flashing, Blinking or Rotating Signs. Flashing, blinking, or rotation lights - for either permanent or temporary signs - except time and temperature signs, brief public announcement signs, and as specifically provided elsewhere in this chapter.
7. Moving Signs. Any sign that part of which moves by any mechanical or electronic means except as specifically provided elsewhere in this chapter.
8. Painted Wall Signs. Off-premises signs painted on building walls for commercial purposes.
9. Projecting Signs. Projecting signs, as defined in Section 167.03 of this chapter, except as specifically provided elsewhere in this chapter.
10. Pole Signs. Pole signs, except as specifically permitted within the City.
11. Vehicle Signs. Any vehicle sign, not normally used in the day-to-day operations of a business, parked in such a way to draw attention of people from a public place or street.