Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Water service shall be furnished at the following monthly rates per meter within the City limits:
(Code of Iowa, Sec. 384.84)
1. Beginning July 1, 2021, a minimum monthly bill of $13.14 shall be charged for zero to 1,000 gallons of metered water usage per month.
2. Beginning July 1, 2021, water usage in excess of the minimum (1,000 gallons) will be charged at a rate of $8.93 per 1,000 gallons per month.
3. Water will not be furnished outside the limits of Waukee without the consent of the Des Moines Water Works. Water furnished to users outside the City limits shall be furnished at the same rate that is charged for water furnished to users within the City limits.
4. Minimum posting fees for non-paid utilities and minimum fees for installation of water meters on new construction shall be set by resolution of the City Council.
5. Water Surcharges. A $100.00 surcharge shall be imposed for violations of mandatory water usage policies or restrictions implemented under the Water Conservation Plan. In addition, an additional $5.00 surcharge per 1,000 gallons used in excess of the respective allotments for residential and commercial users pursuant of the Water Conservation Plan. Said surcharges shall be charged to the customer in the next billing cycle.
6. Irrigation Water Rates. Beginning July 1, 2021, irrigation water usage will be charged at a rate of two dollars ($2.00) higher per 1,000 gallons per month than the regular domestic meter rate listed in Section 92.02(2) above.
(Subsection 6 – Ord. 2992 – Jul. 21 Supp.)