Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. “Chicken” shall mean a member of the subspecies Gallus gallus domesticus, a domesticated fowl.
2. “Chicken run” shall mean an enclosed fenced area exclusively devoted to raising chickens.
3. “Chicken tractor” shall mean a lightweight portable chicken coop without a solid floor that allows the chickens to forage for weeds and insects.
4. “Henhouse” shall mean a hen house or chicken coop structure where female chickens are kept.
5. “Permittee” shall mean an applicant who has been granted a permit to raise, harbor, or keep chickens pursuant to this chapter. If the applicant does not own the property where the chickens are to be kept, the owner of the property must be the joint permittee.
6. “Permitting officer” shall mean the administrative official or designee.
7. “Tract of land” shall mean a property with a R-1 Single Family Residential District or R-2 One and Two Family Residential District zoned lot that has one single family dwelling located on the property or zoned lot.
8. “Urban chicken” shall mean a chicken kept on a permitted tract of land pursuant to a permit issued under this chapter.