Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following information is required on final plats.
(A) Size and material. The original final plat shall be drawn in waterproof black ink upon a 15- by 26-inch Mylar sheet.
(B) Final plat title. The title of the final plat shall be the same as that approved for the preliminary plat, except for modifications approved by the Board of Commissioners for phased development of the proposed subdivision.
(C) Congruency with preliminary plat. The final plat shall include the information shown on the approved preliminary plat (as described in § 151.051) except for modifications approved by the Board of Commissioners for phased development of the proposed subdivision.
(D) Certifications and resolution. The following certifications and resolutions shall appear on the final plat followed by lines for the appropriate signature(s) and date.
(1) Landowner. The landowner, or his or her duly authorized agent, shall certify that the plat has been made at the request and under the direction of the landowner for the purposes indicated therein, that he or she is the owner of all land included therein, and that development of this land shall conform to all existing applicable zoning, subdivision, and erosion and sediment control regulations. This certification shall be acknowledged before some officer authorized to take the acknowledgment of deeds, and this acknowledgment shall be endorsed on the plat.
(2) Registered land surveyor. The registered land surveyor who actually performed the survey or had the survey performed under his or her direct supervision shall certify that the plat is in all respects correct and shall attach thereto his or her official seal as specified in SDCL § 36-18A-45.
(3) City Finance Officer. The City Finance Officer shall certify that all special assessments that are liens upon any land included within such plat, as shown by the records of her or his office, have been fully paid.
(4) County Treasurer. The County Treasurer shall certify that all taxes that are liens upon any land included within such plat, as shown by the records of her or his office, have been fully paid.
(5) County Official of Equalization. The County Official of Equalization shall certify that he or she has received a copy of such plat.
(6) Street or Highway Authority.
(a) The appropriate Street or Highway Authority shall certify that the location of the proposed access to an abutting subdivision street(s) from the existing public street or highway is hereby approved and any change in the location of said access street(s) shall require additional approval.
(b) The signature lines for this certification may be required multiple times on the plat to accommodate the signatures of the City Street Authority, the County Highway Authorities, the Rapid City Region Engineer for the State Department of Transportation, and/or the President of the applicable Road District.
(7) Planning Commission. A Planning Commission member shall certify that the city’s Planning and Zoning Board has reviewed such final plat on (date) and has provided a recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
(8) Board of Commissioners resolution.
(a) Every plat shall bear of copy of the resolution approving the plat by the Board of Commissioners, which shall state:
WHEREAS there has been presented to the Board of Commissioners, the within plat of the above-described lands, and it appears to this Board of Commissioners that:
(A) The system of streets set forth therein conforms to the system of streets of the existing plats of the city;
(B) All provisions of the city’s subdivision regulations have been complied with;
(C) All taxes and special assessments upon the tract or subdivision have been fully paid; and
(D) Such plat and the survey thereof have been executed according to law.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that said plat is hereby approved in all respects.
(b) This resolution shall be signed and dated by the Mayor and certified by the Finance Officer.
(9) Register of Deeds. Every plat shall bear a certificate of the County Register of Deeds indicating the date and time of recording. This certification shall also indicate the location of filing by plat book and page number.
(Ord. #115, passed 2-16-2017)
Related provisions, see SDCL §§ 11-3-4, 11-3-6, 11-3-9, 11-3-10, and 11-6-26