Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Riders of E-Scooters shall park devices upright on hard surfaces on the curb of the sidewalk, beside a bicycle rack or in another area specifically designated for bicycle parking, or on the street next to an unmarked curb.
(b) Riders shall not park E-Scooters in such a manner as to block the pedestrian clear zone area of the sidewalk; ADA paths of travel including accessible ramps, any fire hydrant, call box, or other emergency facility; bus bench; or utility pole or box.
(c) Riders shall not park E-Scooters in such a manner as to impede or interfere with the reasonable use of any commercial window display or access to or from any building entrance/exit doorway.
(d) Riders shall not park E-Scooters in such a manner as to impede or interfere with the reasonable use of any bicycle rack or news rack.
(e) Riders may park E-Scooters in on-street parking spaces in the following circumstances:
(1) When marked parking spaces are officially designated stations for such devices;
(2) Where the curb is less than three feet wide;
(3) In neighborhoods with rolled curbs or with inadequate sidewalk space;
(4) In marked parking spaces designated for motorcycles.
(f) Riders may park E-Scooters on blocks without sidewalks only if the travel lane(s) and six-foot pedestrian clear zone are not impeded.
(g) Riders shall not park E-Scooters directly adjacent to or within the following areas, such that access is impeded:
(1) Transit zones, including bus stops, shelters, passenger waiting areas and bus layover and staging zones, except at existing bicycle racks;
(2) Loading zones;
(3) Disabled parking zone;
(4) Street curb that requires pedestrian access (e.g., benches, parking pay stations, bus shelters, transit information signs, etc.);
(5) Curb ramps;
(6) Entryways; and