Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. No person shall keep or permit to remain a building, fence, or other structure that conforms with any one of the following conditions:
1. Any part of any exterior surface has deterioration, holes, breaks, gaps, loose or rotting boards or timbers.
2. Any exterior surface that has had a surface finish such as paint applied is not maintained in order to avoid noticeable deterioration of the finish. Any wall or other exterior surface that has peeling, cracked, chipped or otherwise deteriorated surface finish on more than twenty five percent (25%) of:
a. Any one wall or other flat surface; or
b. All door and window moldings, eaves, gutters and similar projections on any one side or surface.
3. Glass, including windows and exterior light fixtures, are broken or cracked, or screens are torn or separated from moldings.
4. Exterior doors and shutters are not hung properly and do not have an operable mechanism to keep them securely shut or in place.
5. Cornices, moldings, lintels, sills, bay or dormer windows, and similar projections are not kept in good repair and are not free from cracks and defects that make them hazardous or unsightly.
6. Roof surfaces are not tight and have defects that admit water.
7. Roof drainage systems are not secured and hung properly.
8. Chimneys, antennae, air vents, and other similar projections are not structurally sound and are not in good repair. These projections are not secured properly, where applicable, to an exterior wall or exterior roof.
9. Foundations are not structurally sound and are in bad repair. (Ord. 140, 2nd Series, 10-10-2017)