Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. No person shall place, park, permit to remain, store or leave upon an open area of a property any motor vehicle that conforms with any one of the following conditions:
1. The motor vehicle does not have a valid current motor vehicle license affixed to it.
2. The motor vehicle is unusable or inoperable because of lack of, or defects in component parts.
3. The motor vehicle is unusable or inoperable because of damage from collision, deterioration, or having been cannibalized.
4. The motor vehicle is beyond repair and therefore not intended for future use as motor vehicle.
5. The motor vehicle is being retained on the property for possible use of salvageable parts.
B. No person shall maintain unsheltered storage of any other vehicles, machinery, implements, equipment, junk or personal property of any kind which is no longer safely usable for the purposes for which it was manufactured.
C. The owner or possessor of a motor vehicle or of any other vehicles, machinery, implements, equipment, junk or personal property described in this section shall be responsible to remove the motor vehicle, other vehicle, machinery, implement, equipment, junk or personal property to a duly licensed junk yard or other authorized place of deposit or storage. In the event the owner or possessor cannot be located, then it shall be the responsibility of the owner of the property to remove it from the property.
D. This section shall not apply to the owner or occupier of a property that sells fifteen (15) or more vehicles, at said property, in any given calendar year.
E. No person shall place, park, permit to remain, or store a motor vehicle on a surface that is dirt or grass-covered. This subsection shall not be applicable during snow emergencies.
F. No person shall place, park, permit to remain, or store a motor vehicle in the front setback (front yard) of a property, unless the driveway or parking area is approved by the City Council. (Ord. 140, 2nd Series, 10-10-2017)