(A)   A development permit shall be obtained before construction or development begins, including manufactured homes, within any area of special flood hazard (as defined in sections 18-2 and 18-9). Application for a development permit shall be made on forms furnished by the floodplain administrator and may include, but not be limited to, plans in duplicate drawn to scale showing the nature, location, dimensions, and elevation of the area in question; existing or proposed structures; fill; storage of materials; drainage facilities; and the location of the foregoing.
   (B)   The application shall specifically require the following information:
      (1)   Site plan, including, but not limited to:
         (a)   For all proposed structures, spot ground elevations at building corners and 20-foot or smaller intervals along the foundation footprint, or one foot contour elevations throughout the building site;
         (b)   Proposed locations of water supply, sanitary sewer, and utilities;
         (c)   If available, the base flood elevation from the effective Flood Insurance Study and/or Flood Insurance Rate Map; and
         (d)   If applicable, the location of the regulatory floodway.
      (2)   Foundation design detail, including but not limited to:
         (a)   Proposed elevation in relation to mean sea level, of the lowest floor (including basement) of all structures;
         (b)   For a crawl-space foundation, location and total net area of foundation openings as required in section 18-35 and FEMA Technical Bulletins 1-93 and 7-93; and
         (c)   For foundations placed on fill, the location and height of fill, and compaction requirements (compacted to 95% using the Standard Proctor Test method).
      (3)   Proposed elevation in relation to mean sea level to which any nonresidential structure will be flood proofed, as required in subsection 18-35(C)(2) and FEMA Technical Bulletin TB 3-93.
      (4)   All appropriate certifications listed in subsection 18-21(E); and
      (5)   Description of the extent to which any watercourse will be altered or relocated as a result of the proposed development.
(`64 Code, Sec. 35-17) (Ord. No. 2426, 2640, 2989)