(A)   Whenever the amount of any cannabis business tax, penalty or interest has been overpaid, paid more than once, or has been erroneously collected or received by the city under this article, it may be refunded to the claimant who paid the tax provided that a written claim for refund is filed with the tax administrator within one year of the date the tax was originally due and payable.
   (B)   The tax administrator, his or her designee or any other city officer charged with the administration of this article shall have the right to examine and audit all the books and business records of the claimant in order to determine the eligibility of the claimant to the claimed refund. No claim for refund shall be allowed if the claimant refuses to allow such examination of claimant’s books and business records after request by the tax administrator to do so.
   (C)   In the event that the cannabis business tax was erroneously paid, and the error is attributable to the city, the city shall refund the amount of tax erroneously paid up to one year from the date that the tax was paid.
(Ord. No. 2962)