Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Parking requirements - The requirements of city code section 16-622(F) (entitled "Schedule of Vehicle-Off-Street Parking Requirements") apply, where not specified in this section.
(B) Off-street parking requirements for accessory dwelling units shall not exceed one parking space per unit or per bedroom, whichever is less. These spaces may be provided as tandem parking. The accessory dwelling unit parking space(s) may not be located in the required front yard setback.
(C) Off-street parking is not required in any of the following instances when the applicant demonstrates that:
(1) The accessory dwelling unit is located within one-half mile walking distance of public transit, including transit stations and bus stations;
(2) The accessory dwelling unit is located within an architecturally and historically significant historic district;
(3) The accessory dwelling unit is a type 2A, 2B, or type 4, constructed entirely within the proposed or existing primary dwelling unit or an attached or detached accessory structure and/or garage;
(4) When on-street parking permits are required by the city but not offered to the occupant of the accessory dwelling unit; or
(5) When there is a car share vehicle use located within one block of the accessory dwelling unit.
(D) Demolished or converted required parking spaces - When a required garage, carport, or covered parking structure for the primary dwelling unit is demolished or converted in conjunction with the construction of an accessory dwelling unit, required parking for the primary dwelling unit shall be provided on the property, outside of the front yard setback, and on a city approved pad or structure. (Ord. No. 2914, 2925, 2959, 2984)