Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Project design and phasing -Projects seeking an affordable housing benefit pursuant to this Division 7A must comply with the following requirements, unless otherwise specified in writing by the director:
(1) Location/dispersal of units - Affordable units shall be reasonably dispersed throughout the development where feasible and shall contain on average the same (or greater) number of bedrooms as the market-rate units.
(2) Phasing - If a project is to be developed in phases, each phase must contain the same or substantially similar proportion of affordable units and market-rate units.
(3) Exterior appearance - The exterior appearance and quality of the affordable units must be similar to the market-rate units. The exterior materials and improvements of the affordable units must be similar to, and architecturally compatible with, the market-rate units.
(B) Application requirements - An application for one or more affordable housing benefits must be submitted as follows:
(1) Each affordable housing benefit requested must be specifically stated in writing on the application form provided by the city.
(2) The application must include the information and documents necessary to establish that the requirements of this Division 7A are satisfied for each affordable housing benefit requested, including:
(a) For density bonus requests, that the requirements of section 16-410C are met;
(b) For incentive requests, that the requirements of section 16-410L are met;
(c) For development standard waiver or modification requests, that the requirements of Section 16-410O are met; and/or
(d) For parking standard modification requests, that the requirements of section 16-410C are met.
(3) The application must be submitted concurrently with a complete application for a qualified housing development.
(4) The application must include a site plan that complies with and includes the following:
(a) For senior citizen housing development projects - the number and location of proposed total units and density bonus units.
(b) For all qualified housing development projects other than senior citizen housing development projects - the number and location of proposed total units, affordable units, and density bonus units. The density bonus units shall be permitted in geographic areas of the qualified housing development other than the areas where the affordable units are located. (Cal. Gov. Code, Section 65915(i))
(5) The application for a qualified housing development must state the level of affordability of the affordable units and include a proposal for compliance with section 16-410S for ensuring affordability.
(7) If an additional density bonus or incentive is requested for a child care facility pursuant to section 16-410I and/or section 16-410M(D), the application shall show the location and square footage of the child care facility in addition to including sufficient information to establish that each requirement in section 16-410I and/or section 16-410M(D) has been met.
(C) An application for an affordable housing benefit under this Division 7A will not be processed until all of the provisions of this section are complied with as determined by the director and shall be processed concurrently with the application for the qualified housing development project for which the affordable housing benefit is sought.
Prior to the submittal of an application for a qualified housing development, an applicant may submit to the director a preliminary proposal for affordable housing benefits.
(Ord. No. 2912)