Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose - The purpose of the CNC sub-zone is to protect an area of established convenience shopping and personal services to serve the existing coastal residential community of Oxnard Shores and the public who visit the area. Development within the CNC sub-zone shall be compatible with the adjoining residential neighborhood and consistent with Policy 61 of the certified Oxnard coastal land use plan.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.8.1)
(B) Principally permitted uses - Uses within the following categories are subject to the approval of a development review permit, pursuant to the provisions of section 17-57 of this chapter.
(1) Neighborhood commercial services: financial, banks, savings and loans, personal, barber, beauty shop, health spa, laundry, professional, real estate, medical, public parking, parks, library.
(2) Neighborhood commercial sales: eating/drinking (nonalcoholic) restaurant, café, neighborhood retail market, liquor, pharmacy, stationery, florist, baker, book stores.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.8.2)
(C) Secondary permitted uses - The following categories are subject to the approval of a coastal development permit, pursuant to the provisions of section 17-57 of this chapter.
(1) Services: commercial recreation, skating rink, amusement center, entertainment, theater, night-club, motor vehicle service station.
(2) Sales: eating/drinking (serving alcoholic beverages) restaurant, cocktail lounge.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.8.3)
(D) Property development standards -
(1) Maximum building height: two stories or 35 feet; additional stories or height may be permitted subject to the granting of a coastal development permit.
(2) Minimum lot area: 15,000 square feet.
(3) Front yard setback: 10 feet.
(4) Rear yard setback: for lots abutting a public way or alley: 10 feet. No setback is otherwise required.
(5) Side yard setback:
(a) Interior side yard: none required.
(b) Street side yard: 10 feet.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.8.4)
(E) Applicable provisions - All uses shall be subject to the applicable standards of this chapter, including standards contained in the following sections:
(1) Section 17-5, General requirements;
(2) Article III, Specific Coastal Development and Resource Standards;
(3) Article IV, General Coastal Development and Resource Standards; and
(4) Article V, Administration.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.8.5)
(Ord. No. 2034, 2716)