Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose - The purpose of the R-W-2 sub-zone is to provide areas of moderate-density townhouse dwellings on parcels located in neighborhoods in close proximity to dedicated inland coastal waterways. The intent of this sub-zone is to protect established townhouse water-oriented neighborhoods from land uses of higher density and intensity consistent with the policies of the Oxnard coastal land use plan.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.3.1)
(B) Permitted uses - The following are permitted uses in the R-W-2 sub-zone:
(1) Single-family dwellings placed on a permanent foundation;
(2) Accessory buildings and structures located on the same lot;
(3) Adult day care facilities serving no more than 6 adults;
(4) Home occupations;
(5) Child care centers serving no more than six children;
(6) Congregate living health facilities of no more than six beds;
(7) Large family day care homes that the planning manager finds to comply with the standards set out in section 16-440;
(8) Residential care facilities for the elderly serving no more than six persons; and
(9) Small residential health or care facilities that conform to city ordinances restricting building heights, setbacks, lot dimensions, placement of signs and other matters applicable to dwellings of the same type in the same zone, and that provide services to no more than six persons, or to no more than eight children in the case of a small family day care home.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.3.2)
(10) Short-term rentals consistent with section 17-53.
(C) Conditionally permitted uses - The following uses are permitted subject to the approval of a coastal development permit pursuant to the provisions of article V: townhouses, condominiums, and attached and semi-attached dwellings on a permanent foundation; and congregate living health facilities of seven to 15 beds.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.3.3)
(D) Property development standards -
(1) Maximum building height: 2 stories, not to exceed 30 feet.
(2) Minimum lot area: 2,800 square feet.
(3) Minimum lot width: 28 feet.
(4) Interior yard space: 15% of lot area. The minimum dimension is 10 feet.
(5) Front yard setback: 15 feet; minimum of 20 feet to center of garage door for back-out driveways.
(6) Rear yard setback: 12 feet for lots abutting an inland waterway; 20 feet for lots which do not abut a waterway.
(7) Side yard setback:
(a) Interior side yard: none required.
(b) Street side yard: 5 feet.
(c) Reverse corner side yard: ½ of front yard of abutting lot.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.3.4)
(E) Special requirements for townhouse building cluster, separation and parking - There shall be no more than six attached dwelling units in any building cluster. Building clusters shall have a 20-foot minimum separation. One off-street guest parking space shall be provided for every three dwelling units unless on-street parking is provided at the ratio of one space for each unit.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.3.5)
(F) Applicable provisions - All uses shall be subject to the applicable standards of this chapter, including standards contained in the following sections:
(1) Section 17-5, General requirements;
(2) Article III, Specific Coastal Development and Resource Standards;
(3) Article IV, General Coastal Development and Resource Standards; and
(4) Article V, Administration.
(`64 Code, Sec. 37-2.3.6)
(Ord. No. 2034, 2671, 2716, 2970, 2986)