(A)   A limited commercial moorage permit may be obtained from the city manager.  The permit authorizes a commercially registered vessel to moor in the residential zones of the inland waterway, provided that the owner or one of the owners who has at least 51 percent interest in the vessel, is a resident of the dwelling unit associated with or adjacent to the mooring.
   (B)   The limited permit shall not be issued by the city manager if any of the following activities are then occurring and may be rescinded by the manager if any of the following activities occur after permit issuance:
      (1)   Frequent or extensive repairs are made to the engine, equipment, gear or fishing paraphernalia of a vessel indicating that the vessel is being used for substantial commercial activities;
      (2)   A generator or other auxiliary motor is operated between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. or for more than two hours between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.;
      (3)   Excessive noise arises from the operation of the vessel's engines or from any other activity on or close to the vessel which interferes with the quiet enjoyment of residents in the area;
      (4)   Any person lives on board or stays overnight on the vessel;
      (5)   The vessel is used for transporting persons, equipment or supplies to oil platforms; or
      (6)   The vessel is used for commercial activities more than 12 days, or portions of a day, during any 12-month period.
(`64 Code, Sec. 18.1-15)  (Ord. No. 2484)