Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All pedicabs operating on a roadway shall comply with all traffic laws of the state and applicable provisions of this code.
(B) All pedicabs operating on a roadway and moving slower than the other traffic on the roadway shall ride as near as practicable to the right curb or edge of the roadway, unless:
(1) The pedicab is passing another vehicle moving in the same direction;
(2) The pedicab is preparing to turn left at an intersection or onto a private road or driveway or thru movement where there are right turn only lanes;
(3) A condition on or of the roadway, including a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, pedestrian, animal, or surface hazard prevents the pedicab from safely riding next to the right curb or edge of the roadway;
(4) The person is operating a pedicab in an outside lane that is less than 14 feet in width and does not have a designated bicycle lane adjacent to that lane; or too narrow for a bicycle and a motor vehicle to safely travel side by side; or
(5) There is a bicycle lane for use.
(C) A driver operating a pedicab on a one-way roadway with two or more marked traffic lanes may ride as near as practicable to the right curb or edge of the roadway.
(D) Drivers operating pedicabs on a roadway may ride two abreast on a laned roadway and shall ride in a single lane. Drivers riding two abreast may not impede the normal and reasonable flow of traffic on the roadway. Drivers may not ride more than two abreast unless they are riding on a part of a roadway set aside for the exclusive operation of bicycles, tricycles, or other similar forms of nonmotorized transportation.
(E) Each driver shall pull the pedicab to the curb when loading or unloading passengers unless the streets are closed for an event
(Ord. 17-08-09, passed 8-8-17)