Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Failure to comply with the provisions of this zoning code for which no other penalty is specifically provided, or failure to comply with any of its requirements (including violations of the conditions and safeguards established in connection with grants of variances or conditional uses) shall constitute a violation.
(1) Any person who so violates this zoning code or fails to comply with any of its requirements, including the compliance with any official notice of violation, shall be subject to a fine as detailed in § 40.39 and § 115.99, respectively, except as provided in division (A)(2) below. A separate civil fine shall be assessed for each day a violation continues.
(2) Any person, owner or agent who violates this zoning code shall upon conviction be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $500 for each lot or parcel which was the subject of sale or transfer or a contract for sale or transfer. KRS 100.991.2.
(Ord. 794, passed 12-22-83; Am. Ord. 90-925, passed 7-26-90)
(B) Criminal penalties; legal, equitable, injunctive relief.
(1) For the purposes of § 156.056, the following definitions of crimes shall apply:
(a) A Class A Misdemeanor shall be punished by a term of imprisonment not to exceed twelve (12) months and/or a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500.00).
(b) A Class B Misdemeanor shall be punished by a term of imprisonment not to exceed ninety (90) days and/or a fine not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00).
(c) A violation shall be punished by a fine not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00).
(2) Each violation of or non-compliance with § 156.056 shall be considered as a separate offense as will each day of continued violation or non-compliance.
(3) The city may take any such lawful action to prevent or remedy any violation or non-compliance including but not limited to an equitable action for injunctive relief or an action at law for damages. In such action, attorneys fees and costs of the City shall be assessed against the Defendant(s).
(Ord. 98-1174, passed 12-28-98)
(C) Any person who is subject to the regulations of §§ 156.090 through 156.097 shall be liable to the city for a civil penalty of $250 per violation per day for as long as the violation continues. In addition to such penalty, the city may recover from the person reasonable attorney fees, court costs and other expenses incurred in any enforcement proceedings.
(Ord. 2001-1253, passed 8-23-01; Am. Ord. 2012-1580, passed 6-28-12; Am. Ord. 2014-1636, passed 4-10-14; Am. Ord. 2016-1692, passed 2-25-16; Am. Ord. 2019-1779, passed 6-27-19)