No plumber or any other person shall have the right to open or close any valve or corporation or curb cock attached to any water main or service on the street side of the meter without the written permission of the City Engineer except in case of emergency, and in such case, an immediate report of such action shall be made to the Engineering Department. (Ord. 88-8, 5-2-1988; amd. Ord. 90-27, 12-18-1990; Ord. 91-3, 2-5-1991; 2017 Code)