§ 22-503. Types of Land Development.
   1.   Minor Land Development. A plan for a minor land development shall be prepared in accord with § 22-302(4) of this Chapter. A minor land development shall be defined as:
      A.   A single non-residential building of less than 2,000 square feet.
      B.   The placement of two single-family detached dwellings on a single lot.
      C.   Involving no new streets or extension of public water or sewer facilities.
   2.   Major Land Development. A major land development plan shall be prepared in accordance with the plat requirements specified for preliminary and final plans in Parts 2 and 3 of this Chapter. A major land development shall include:
      A.   A non-residential building greater than 2,000 square feet in size.
      B.   Two or more non-residential buildings on a single lot.
      C.   Four or more residential units or three or more detached dwellings on a single lot.
   3.   Phased Development. Phased development shall be considered major land development. Each phase shall consist of a minimum of three contiguous parcels. Plans for each phase shall be prepared in accordance with §§ 22-303 and 22-304 of this Chapter.
   4.   Land Development, Exceptions. The following shall not be regarded as land development.
      A.   The conversion of an existing single-family detached dwelling into not more than three residential units, unless such units are intended to be a condominium.
      B.   The addition of any accessory building, including farm buildings, on a lot or lots subordinate to an existing principal building.
      C.   The addition or conversion of buildings or rides within the confines of an enterprise which would be considered an amusement park. For purposes of this subclass, an amusement park is defined as a tract or area used principally as a location for permanent amusement structures or rides. This exclusion shall not apply to newly acquired acreage by an amusement park until plans for the expanded area have been approved by proper authorities.
(Ord. 3/9/1993A, § 502)