Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Information Required: An applicant for a peddler's license shall file with the City Recorder an application, in writing, in duplicate on a form to be furnished by the City that shall give the following information:
1. Name and description of the applicant.
2. Address (legal and local).
3. A brief description of the nature of the business and the goods to be sold and, in the case of products of farm or orchard, whether produced or grown by the applicant.
4. If employed, the name and address of the employer.
5. The length of time for which the right to do business is desired.
6. If a vehicle is to be used, a description of the same, together with license number or other means of identification.
7. The names of at least two (2) reliable property owners who will certify to the applicant's good character and business responsibility or, in lieu of the names of references, any other available evidence as to the good character and business responsibility of the applicant that enables an investigator to evaluate properly such character and business responsibility.
B. Investigation Fee: At the time of filing the application, the applicant shall pay a nonrefundable fee of ten dollars ($10.00) to the City Recorder to cover the costs of investigation. When a person makes an application for renewal of an existing peddler's license, the investigation fee and the information required by subsection A of this Section are not required. (Ord. 460, 5-5-86; 1995 Code)