Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following regulations shall apply in all residential districts.
(A) Uses permitted.
(1) Single-family dwellings shall be permitted in R-1, R-2, or R-3 Residential Districts.
(2) Two-family dwellings shall be permitted in R-2 or R-3 Residential Districts.
(3) Multiple-family dwellings shall be permitted in R-2 or R-3 Residential Districts.
(B) Accessory structures and uses.
(1) Private pools shall be fenced or covered so as to prevent unauthorized or accidental use by children.
(2) Garages or other buildings not used as a dwelling and accessory to the principal use shall be permitted.
(3) Renting of no more than three sleeping rooms in any one building shall be permitted.
(4) Permitted home occupations may be identified on the premises according to § 157.063(A)(5). No displays or changes in facade shall indicate from the exterior that the building is being utilized partly for a nonresidential purpose.
(C) Conditional uses. The following uses shall be permitted as conditional uses in residential districts:
(1) Nonprofit public or nonprofit private facilities such as schools, churches, cemeteries, branch libraries other than the main or primary public library, parks, recreational facilities, hospitals, institutions, and the like.
(2) Mobile home parks in conformance with § 157.080.
(3) Individual mobile homes in conformance with § 157.082.
(4) Planned-development projects for residential use only. The procedure under § 157.051 shall be followed.
(D) Dimension and area regulations for lots and structures. The regulations on the dimensions and area for lots and structures are set forth in the appendix to this chapter. The applicable regulations shall be observed in all residential districts.
(Ord. 920.1, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 2007-6, passed 2-5-07) Penalty, see § 157.999