Any qualified elector who has been a resident of the City or of territory annexed thereto for a period of at least one year prior to the filing of his petition for election to the office of councilman, who is not the occupant of an incompatible office, shall be eligible to serve as a member of the Council. A council member who ceases to be a qualified resident elector or who accepts and enters upon the performance of the duties of an incompatible office, shall automatically vacate his office on the Council. A Council Member elected by a Ward who ceases to reside in that Ward, shall be deemed to vacate their office on the Council unless redistricting of the Wards causes the change. (Amended 11-7-17)