The following procedure shall be complied with in all requests for changes of the zoning district of property:
   (a)   The person requesting the change of zoning of any district of any property shall either be the owner of the property, or have a sufficient legal interest in the property, such as an option to purchase, or a contract to purchase, with authority from the owner of the property to seek rezoning, and shall provide proof of the same to the Planning Commission, and shall notify, in writing, the President of Council and the Planning Commission Secretary of such intention at least two (2) weeks prior to the next regularly scheduled Planning Commission Meeting. Such notice shall be in writing and shall show the name and address and the permanent parcel number of the property to be rezoned, together with the telephone number of the person requesting such change in zoning, the names and addresses of the owners of the property affected and, in the event any of these parties are entities, the names, addresses and titles of the officers, and majority holders of the equitable interests of such entity shall be provided, utilizing forms available from the Building Department.  The notice shall also advise the City of the zoning district in which the property is currently located, the proposed new district to be applied to the property and a legal description of the entire property to be rezoned shall be provided.
   (b)   The Planning Commission shall hear such request for change in zoning, and shall recommend, by motion, to Council that such request be either granted or denied.
   (c)   In the event the Commission recommends approval of the rezoning request, it shall so inform the applicant that it shall recommend such change to Council, and shall request the Law Director to prepare the required legislation, which legislation shall contain the information required in subsection (b) hereof.
      (Ord. 149-1970. Passed 10-26-70.)