Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The applicable provisions of this Traffic Code shall be applied to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle shall be operated as follows:
(1) On any street, highway, limited access highway or freeway or the right-of-way thereof, except for emergency travel only during such time and in such manner as the Ohio Director of Public Safety or local authority having jurisdiction shall designate, and except as provided in Section 345.04;
(2) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without the permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property;
(3) On any land or waters controlled by the State, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(4) On the tracks or right-of-way of any operating railroad;
(5) While transporting any firearm, bow or other implement for hunting that is not unloaded and securely encased;
(6) For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing or killing any animal or wild fowl; or
(7) During the time from sunset to sunrise, unless displaying lighted lights as required by Ohio R.C. 4519.20 or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance.
(8) Upon any property owned or leased by the City;
(9) Upon or within ten feet of any public thoroughfare within the City;
(10) Between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
(b) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.