Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Office created.
(1) In accordance with Tenn. Code Ann. §§ 6-54-1001 et seq., there is hereby created the Office of Administrative Hearing Officer to hear violations of any of the provisions codified in the municipal code of the city relating to building and property maintenance, including:
(a) Building codes found at § 150.25 of this code of ordinances;
(b) Plumbing codes found at § 150.26 of this code of ordinances;
(c) Electrical codes found at § 150.27 of this code of ordinances;
(d) Gas codes found at § 150.28 of this code of ordinances;
(e) Housing codes found at § 150.29 of this code of ordinances;
(2) There is hereby created the position of Administrative Hearing Officer to be appointed pursuant to Tenn. Code Ann. § 6-54-1006.
(3) The amount of compensation for the Administrative Hearing Officer shall be approved by the City Commission.
(4) Clerical and administrative support for the Office of Administrative Hearing Officer shall be provided as determined by the City Manager.
(5) The Administrative Hearing Officer shall perform all of the duties and abide by all of the requirements provided in Tenn. Code Ann. §§ 6-54-1001 et seq.
(B) Jurisdiction and procedure before the Administrative Hearing Officer. The Administrative Hearing Officer’s jurisdiction shall be as set out in Tenn. Code Ann. § 6-54-1002, and all matters before the Administrative Hearing Officer shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Tenn. Code Ann. §§ 6-54-1001 et seq., which provisions are adopted and incorporated herein by reference.
(C) Judicial review of final order. A person who is aggrieved by a final decision in a contested case is entitled to judicial review pursuant to Tenn. Code Ann. §§ 6-54-1001 et seq., which shall be the only available method of judicial review.
(Ord. 727, passed 6-25-2012)