Council, on its own motion or by a written petition of a person owning a lot in the City requesting that a street or alley in the immediate vicinity of such lot be vacated, narrowed or the name thereof changed, may, by ordinance, change the name of, vacate or narrow such street or alley. However, no such ordinance shall become effective unless the ordinance proposing such change of name, vacating or narrowing shall first be submitted to the Planning Commission for approval, disapproval or suggestions, and the Planning Commission shall have been allowed a reasonable time, not less than thirty days, for consideration and report. No such ordinance which differs or departs from the report of the Planning Commission shall take effect unless passed or approved by not less than two-thirds of the full membership of Council.
(Ord. 65-75. Passed 6-14-65.)