In this article:
(1) ANTIQUE VEHICLE means any passenger car or truck that:
(A) was manufactured in 1925 or before; or
(B) is at least 35 years old.
(2) COLLECTOR means the owner of one or more antique or special interest vehicles who collects, purchases, acquires, trades, or disposes of special interest or antique vehicles or parts of them for personal use in order to restore, preserve, and maintain an antique or special interest vehicle for historic interest.
(3) DIRECTOR means the director of the department designated by the city manager to enforce and administer this article or the director’s authorized representative.
(4) INOPERATIVE or INOPERABLE means incapable of being propelled on its own power due to dismantling, disrepair, or some other cause.
(5) JUNKED VEHICLE means any motor vehicle, as defined in Section 5.01 of Article 4477-9a, Vernon’s Texas Civil Statutes, as amended, that:
(A) is inoperative; and
(B) does not have lawfully affixed to it either an unexpired license plate or a valid motor vehicle safety inspection certificate; is wrecked, dismantled, partially dismantled, or discarded; or remains inoperable for a continuous period of more than 45 days.
(6) SPECIAL INTEREST VEHICLE means a motor vehicle of any age that has not been altered or modified from original manufacturer’s specifications and, because of its historic interest, is being preserved by hobbyists. (Ord. Nos. 13900; 14494; 15720; 17226; 20599)