The subdivider shall be required to enter into a contract with the village, agreeing to abide by and to comply with his layout and drawings, as finally approved, and also all plans and specifications as approved, which contract shall be reviewed annually and shall contain, among other provisions, the following:
   A.   Repairs; Replacement: The subdivider shall be responsible for all repairs to his construction work and the replacement of defective material or workmanship on public property which may become apparent for a period of one year after work has been completed and accepted by the village. (Ord. 287, 3-9-1999)
   B.   Water, Sewer Lines: For subdivisions within the village limits, the subdivider shall agree to supply and install all water lines and sewer lines of approved weight and quality within the subdivision in accordance with village standards, and also outside of the subdivision a sufficient distance to connect with the village sewer and water system, and to furnish and install approved weight and quality valves, fire hydrants, manholes, manhole rings and covers with sewer stub outs and all appurtenances to the water and sewer systems. Fire hydrants shall have a minimum of a four foot (4') radius clearance on all sides; fire hydrants set into a bank shall have a wall or other device to prevent rubble, dirt and runoff from collecting around them. Fire hydrants shall be located so that the difference in grade between the hydrant and the adjacent improved road is no greater than one foot (1'); the dirt level at the hydrant shall be just below the mounting flange of the hydrant body. Subdivisions outside the village limits but within the planning and platting jurisdiction of the village shall provide an adequate supply of potable water to each lot by a water system approved by the environment department (ED), but not from water sources/aquifers within the village water rights area, without village approval. Subdivisions outside the village limits but within the planning and platting jurisdiction of the village shall connect to a public sanitary sewer system if feasible. Where lots cannot be connected with a public sewer system provisions must be made for sanitary sewerage treatment consisting of a central treatment plant whose discharge meets all federal, state and local standards and does not have the potential for contaminating the village ground and surface water supply. (Ord. 322, 10-14-2003)
   C.   Additional Water, Sewer Lines: Should the present sewer and water lines and related appurtenances serving a subdivision within the village limits not be adequate as determined by the village, the subdivider shall agree to bear the cost of additional and/or replacement lines and appurtenances thereto in order to carry the increased load made necessary by the subdivision.
   D.   Flood Protection: The subdivider shall agree to protect drainage structures, to build bridges, culverts and other drainage facilities in the area that may be necessary to protect the subdivision, the village and other lands in the area from floods because of the development, and shall not change the existing drainage patterns and quantities for any area outside of the subdivision.
   E.   Damaged Facilities Repaired: Any damage caused by the subdivider to existing water lines, sewer lines and/or any other infrastructure shall be repaired at the subdivider's expense.
   F.   Licensed Engineer: The subdivider shall agree to retain and pay for the services of a competent New Mexico licensed engineer to inspect all work as the same progresses, make reports to the village, and certify in writing that all work is in compliance with accepted engineering standards; the engineer shall be under the direction and control of the village.
   G.   Performance Bond: The board of trustees shall require the subdivider to post a performance bond in the full amount of one hundred percent (100%) of his projected costs of development using a standard performance bond. (Ord. 287, 3-9-1999)
   H.   Other Required Documents: A set of as built plans, and such other certificates, affidavits, endorsements or deductions as may be required by the board of trustees to ensure compliance with these regulations. (Ord. 322, 10-14-2003)