Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The provisions of Section 2304 of IBC are adopted by reference with the following modifications:
1. Revise note c to Table 2304.8(3) to delete “approved.”
2. Revise note a to Table 2304.8(4) to delete “approved.”
3. Delete Section 2304.10.5.2.
4. Revise Section 2304.10.6 to delete “approved.”
5. Revise note b to Table 2304.11 to delete “approved.”
6. Revise the first two sentences of Section 2304.11.1.1 to read:
“Minimum dimensions of columns shall be in accordance with Table 2304.11. Columns shall be continuous or superimposed throughout all stories.”
7. Revise Section 2304.11.1.2 to read:
“2304.11.1.2 Floor framing.
Minimum dimensions of floor framing shall be in accordance with Table 2304.11. Wall plate boxes or hangers shall be provided where wood beams, girders or trusses rest on masonry or concrete walls. Where intermediate beams are used to support a floor, they shall rest on top of girders, or shall be supported by a metal hanger into which the ends of the beams shall be closely fitted. Where traditional heavy timber detailing is used, these connections shall be permitted to be supported by ledgers or blocks securely fastened to the sides of the girders.”
8. Delete Section 2304.11.2.1.
9. Revise Section 2304.11.3.1 to read:
“2304.11.3.1 Cross-laminated timber floors.
Where approved for use, cross-laminated timber floors shall comply with this section. Cross-laminated timber floors shall be not less than 4 inches (102 mm) in actual thickness. Cross-laminated timber floors shall be continuous from support to support and individual panels shall be mechanically fastened to one another. Cross- laminated timber floors shall be permitted to be connected to walls without a shrinkage gap providing swelling or shrinking is considered in the design. Corbelling of masonry walls under the floor shall be permitted to be used.”
10. Revise Section 2304.11.4 to replace “approved hardware” with “other approved hardware.”
11. Revise Section 2304.11.4.1 to read:
“2304.11.4.1 Cross-laminated timber roofs.
Where approved for use, cross-laminated timber roofs shall comply with this section. Cross-laminated timber roofs shall be not less than 3 inches (76 mm) in actual thickness, and shall be continuous from support to support. Individual panels shall be mechanically fastened to one another.”
12. Revise Sections 2304.12.1.1, 2304.12.1.2, 2304.12.1.3, 2304.12.1.4 and 2304.12.1.5 to replace “naturally durable or preservative-treated wood” with “naturally durable wood or preservative-treated wood.”
13. Revise Sections 2304.12.2.1, 2304.12.2.2, 2304.12.2.3, 2304.12.2.4 and 2304.12.2.5 to replace “naturally durable or preservative-treated wood” with “naturally durable wood or preservative-treated wood.”
14. Delete the exception to Section 2304.12.2.3.
15. Revise Section 2304.12.3, excluding the exception, to read:
“2304.12.3 Wood in contact with the ground or fresh water.
Wood used in contact with exposed earth shall be naturally durable wood for both decay and termite resistance or preservative treated wood in accordance with AWPA U1 for soil or fresh water use.”
16. Delete Section 2304.12.4.