Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The provisions of Section 1009 of IBC are adopted by reference with the following modifications:
1. Revise the exceptions to Section 1009.2.1 by replacing “an automatic sprinkler system” with “a supervised automatic sprinkler system.”
3. Revise exception 2 to Section 1009.3.3 by replacing “an automatic sprinkler system” with “a supervised automatic sprinkler system.”
4. Revise exception 2 to Section 1009.4.2 by replacing “an automatic sprinkler system” with “a supervised automatic sprinkler system.”
5. Delete the exception to Section 1009.7.2.
6. Delete exception 6 to Section 1009.8.
7. Revise Section 1009.8.1 to read:
“1009.8.1 System requirements.
Two-way communication systems shall provide communication between each required location and the fire command center or a central control point location acceptable to the fire code official. Where the central control point is not a constantly attended location, a two-way communication system shall have a timed automatic telephone dial-out capability to a 24/7 monitoring service. The two-way communication system shall include both audible and visible signals. If a handset is provided, the handset cords shall be at least 29 inches (735 mm) long.”
8. Revise Section 1009.10 by deleting "approved."
(Amend Coun. J. 2-19-20, p. 14473, Art. II, § 43)