Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The provisions of Section 1005 of IBC are adopted by reference with the following modifications:
1. Revise Section 1005.2 by adding the following sentence at the end:
“The width of means of egress components shall be measured in the clear at the narrowest point of the means of egress component under consideration, excepting projections permitted by this chapter.”
2. Revise exception 1 to Section 1005.3.1 by deleting “and an emergency voice/alarm communication system in accordance with Section 907.5.2.2.”
2.1. Delete exception 2 to Section 1005.3.1.
3. Revise exception 1 to Section 1005.3.2 by deleting “and an emergency voice/alarm communication system in accordance with Section 907.5.2.2.”
3.1. Delete exception 2 to Section 1005.3.2.
4. Revise Section 1005.6 by replacing “two adjacent stories” with “stories immediately above and below.”
5. Revise Section 1005.7.1 to read:
Doors in any position shall not reduce the required width by more than one-quarter.
2. The restrictions on door swing shall not apply to doors within individual dwelling units and sleeping units of Group R-2, R-3 and R-5 occupancies.
3. The restrictions on door swing shall not apply to doors to rooms or spaces which are not occupiable spaces.
4. In Group E-1 occupancies, door swing shall not reduce the required width of corridors by any amount.”
6. Revise Section 1005.7.2 to read:
"1005.7.2 Other projections.
Handrail projections shall be in accordance with the provisions of Section 1014.8. Other projections such as trim and similar features shall be allowed to project into the required width not more than 1 1/2 inches (38 mm) on each side.
Exception: Projections are allowed in corridors within Group I-2 Condition 1 in accordance with Section 407.4.3."
(Amend Coun. J. 2-19-20, p. 14473, Art. II, § 41; Amend Coun. J. 10-7-20, p. 21791, Art. II, § 21; Amend Coun. J. 6-25-21, p. 32180, Art. II, § 16)