Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No food shall be sold or served by a mobile food dispenser, except the following:
(1) Individual portions of food that are totally enclosed in a wrapper or container and which have been manufactured, prepared or wrapped in a food establishment licensed by the city or a food establishment which is operating under the state or local health authority if the statute or ordinance regulating such food establishment is substantially equivalent to this chapter. Such food may undergo a final preparation step immediately prior to service to a consumer, provided such final preparation steps conform with the rules of the Department of Health.
(2) Coffee which is prepared in a licensed retail food establishment, refrigerated cream which is kept in a covered single-service container or an approved cream dispenser, and sugar which is served only in wrapped individual packages or in a covered closed pouring-spout type container, or in any other manner approved by the Department of Health, which is effective in preventing contamination;
(3) Other bulk soft drinks or beverages which are dispensed from an approved dispenser only. These approved bulk soft drink dispensers shall be serviced and filled only at a licensed retail food establishment which serves as a commissary for the mobile food dispenser. The drink outlet on all bulk liquid dispensers shall be protected from flies, dust and contamination;
(4) Individual portions of ice cream, ice milk, frozen dessert mix, sundaes or other frozen desserts that are totally enclosed in a wrapper or container and which have been manufactured, prepared or wrapped in a licensed food establishment; and
(5) Whole and uncooked fruits or vegetables.
(b) No mobile food dispenser licensee shall operate as a mobile food preparer without complying with all the requirements to operate as a mobile food preparer.
(Added Coun. J. 7-25-12, p. 31326, § 2; Amend Coun. J. 9-24-15, p. 6984, § 4; Amend Coun. J. 12-13-17, p. 63286, § 3)