(a)   The Director of Public Service may refer to the Water Commission for evaluation and report, a request by a property owner, developer or other interested party, for extraterritorial extension of a water main, or a request for the sale of surplus water. The Commission shall develop and apply a system of objective criteria in evaluating any such request so referred.
   (b)   The Director may, but is not required to, consider the recommendation and report of the Water Commission in authorizing or denying such extension of a water main, sale of water or other benefit or consideration.
(Ord. 182-2012. Passed 10-29-12.)