Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No adult entertainment business may be established in any zoning district other than an I-Industrial District, and in such District may not be established within 1,000 feet of:
(1) A church, Kingdom Hall, synagogue, mosque, temple or building which is used primarily for religious worship and related religious activities;
(2) A public or private educational facility, including, but not limited to, child day-care facilities, nursery schools, preschools, kindergartens, elementary schools, private schools, intermediate schools, junior high schools, middle schools, high schools, vocational schools, secondary schools, continuation schools, special education schools, junior colleges, colleges and universities. "School" includes the school grounds, but does not include facilities used primarily for another purpose and only incidentally as a school.
(3) A boundary of a Residential District as defined in this Code;
(4) A public park or recreational area which has been designated for park or recreational activities, including, but not limited to, parks, playgrounds, nature trails, swimming pools, reservoirs, athletic fields, basketball or tennis courts, pedestrian bicycle paths, wilderness areas or other similar public land within the City which is under the control, operation or management of the City park and recreation authorities;
(5) The property line of a lot devoted to a residential use as defined in this Code;
(6) An entertainment business which is oriented primarily towards children or family entertainment; or
(7) A licensed premises, licensed pursuant to the alcoholic beverage control regulations of the State of Ohio.
(b) No adult entertainment business may be established, operated or enlarged within 1,000 feet of another adult business entertainment.
(c) Not more than one adult entertainment business shall be established or operated in the same building, structure or portion thereof.
(d) For the purpose of subsection (a) hereof, measurement shall be made in a straight line, without regard to the intervening structures or objects, from the nearest portion of the building or structure used as the part of the premises where an adult entertainment business is conducted, to the nearest property line of the premises of a use listed in subsection (a) hereof. The presence of a City, County or other political subdivision boundary shall be irrelevant for purposes of calculating and applying the distance requirements of this section.
(e) For purposes of subsection (b) hereof, the distance between any two adult entertainment businesses shall be measured in a straight line, without regard to the intervening structures or objects or political boundaries, from the closest exterior wall of the structure in which each business is located.
(f) Any adult entertainment business lawfully operating on April 27, 1998, that is in violation of any of the provisions of this section shall be deemed a nonconforming use. The nonconforming use will be permitted to continue for a period not to exceed one year, unless sooner terminated for any reason or voluntarily discontinued for a period of thirty days or more. Such nonconforming uses shall not be increased, enlarged, extended or altered, except that the use may be changed to a conforming use.
(Ord. 71-98. Passed 4-27-98.)